Saturday, October 6, 2012

Skype Reaction


I found the Skyping experience to be extremely interesting. However, I felt as though I was learning more about Swedish culture and Swedish societal structure and norms than I was about Japanese culture. During our skype session, I felt as though the one Swedish student involved in our group, was doing a lot of the talking and answering the American students questions regarding Swedish culture. We discussed briefly the average age of marriage and having kids in Sweden. While it was extremely interesting to learn about him and his personal life story and how that compares to general Swedish society, I felt as though it was not helpful in going over topics we had learned in class.  I believe that it was hard to really focus on class topics, and the conversation felt scattered at times. However, the communication difficulties may have been simply because it was our first time meeting each other, and introducing ourselves to the program. I am definitely looking forward to meeting with the Swedish students again!  

1 comment:

  1. I was in your first group and I feel our discussion was very effective! I do feel that one of the downfalls with the large class discussion was it sometimes get scattered between discussion, side chat, and technological problems.

    ReplyDelete